Monday 3 August 2009

Muse

For "obi"

What beauty
To witness muse and human
Consider one another from afar
As if in preparation
For the wrestling bout of the century;
digital eyes interlocked
Upon one another
E'en through this gigabitic maze.
Perhaps ours is a most platonic of loves,
Perhaps we are uncertain what to make of one another;
Genius or mad as a hatter.
I too was a man,
And he my muse.

I shall write an ode to earth spinners
Even muses spin on this axis

We nurture this friendship
As if new lovers
Afraid to let go
when dawn breaks
the taxi man ringing the bell,
And the kisses more passionate
More lingering
More desperate.
Just as urgent when I write to him,
My wordsmith friend,
As the old man by the sea
Sitting at nassau's docks
By the sea of conch and pirates
Of columbus and his 3 ships
Of loves labours come and gone
The sea where he fishes;
Basket upon basket of poems;
Some to chew upon
Some to look upon
Others to throw back
Yet Others like gems
To be preserved for generations henceforth
Until the rebirth of rake n scrape
Perhaps even the return of Christ himself.

I shall write him a sonnet tomorrow
We are never too old for that.

Who or what is being undone, unraveled
Who or what is being unwound
When we wind?
Today I saw a poem
become a thesis in physics
Today I saw a poet
Describe newton's laws of motion
Today I saw my muse
Become as starry eyed
As van gogh or dali
As joyce or v.s naipur
As galileo or einstein.

I shall write him a letter
To tell him what goats can chew
My muse and I
We are never too distant for that.


D E Wasake
28 July 2009

Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Cable & Wireless

2 comments:

Samali Mudamuli Ntikita Ntikita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samali Mudamuli Ntikita Ntikita said...

A toast to your friendship.