Thursday 5 March 2009

Goodbye lavender road to nowhere

Lavenders blue,
lavenders green,
Lavenders pink,
All along lavender road of somewhere.

They said if I walked there,
I would see you,
as I saw the lavenders;
the scent of magic in the air,
the sight of beauty all around,
stretching without end,
as far as my lovelorn eye could see.

They said If I walked there,
I would pick you,
as one of the lavenders,
and the smell of your life's aura,
would be as an elixir,
to give me a hundred more years;
a hundred years of solitude;
to love you,
to need you,
to see you,
to see you as you are;
fragile and kind,
fragile and sincere,
fragile and in love.

They said If i ever walked there,
I would behold you,
growing amongst the lavenders,
blossoming as they did,
beautiful and bright;
lavenders blue,
lavenders green,
lavenders everywhere,
with me as King
and you as queen.

And so I walked,
One wintry day I walked,
and all I found was;
lavenders red,
lavenders dead,
lavenders of no colour,
lavenders of a colour unknown.
All along the lavender road of nowhere,
where I was not king,
and you no queen.

So I said goodbye,
goodbye, road of nowhere,
goodbye lavender road to nowhere,
Perhaps I shall return,
They say summer love is better.


Dickson E Wasake
5 March 2009
"All along a watch tower"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you would appreciate my wallpaper art on Ping Desktop / Laptop Wallpapers:
http://screenfonds.blogspot.com/
Heavily Babe oriented, I guess it's mostly for men.
Gender neutral, and certainly no less important to me is my poetry on Single Swingle:
http://singleswingle.blogspot.com/
- Peter Ingestad, Sweden