Friday 20 March 2009

The sadness about you and I

Aha, I have your heart now!
does it hurt when i squeeze?
does it really really hurt?
as it did when you were younger,
and faced that first cut?
Why did you come back?
Did you think you would find me,
as i was then;
young and fragile
and just as stupid?

We were younger,
when we loved shamelessly,
we were younger,
when we kissed carelessly,
but that was a long time ago,
until through my heart weak,
you drove a most iron stake.

The sadness about you and I is this;
that we no longer care,
that we no longer love,
and that hurts,
and that is new.

20 March 2009
D E Wasake

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like.

Obie Quiet said...

I've read from "Corner Zombies" down to "The sadness about you and I". Delightful to look in again - like peeping through windows into your life: your mind life, your heart life, your night life, your imagined life. A nice life still, I see. One which inspires poems has to be quite the place to be. You forever being blessed, I see, my friend.

That would be: the sadness about me, wouldn't it; so should that not be: the sadness about you and me?