Saturday 3 July 2010

At a tea party

Ring the alarm,
another love is dying,
another one is crying.

Cupid is weeping,
none with the strength to hold his tears,
so we just sit in the lea,
eating eats and drinking teas,
Alice and I,
and our furry hatted fiend,
after tumbling down down down.

When a distant clock ticks and tocks,
when near clocks chime their chimes,
and silence sighs in this unholiest of times,
mens hearts fail them fast,
mens hearts give in to this lust.

I put the glass to my mouth,
and pulled her to my mouth,
the waves of gin came strong,
the woman's heart was neither that strong.
A distant bell is sounded,
ancient warning sounded,
still sea of passion to ride
another shameful sin to forever hide.

The bells toll already,
the bells know and so they mourn,
my heart is dead already,
the undertaker knows but he don't mourn.
The undertaker is late,
his chimy clock a second late,
his grim grin too, a second late.

Alice and I,
and our furry hatted fiend,
sitting in the lea,
the sound was clear,
the sky was clear,
then the sinful arrow flew over,
then the clouds darkened,
the winged child may not survive,
so I raise the cup to my lips
and so does love's fiend.

A clink, a toast to another one dying.
Alice tumbling down and down.


Dickson wasake
27 june 2010
"Saturday night blues"
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Cable & Wireless

No comments: