Saturday 3 July 2010

Sailing to the airport

Who shall we tell;
our fat bellies are satiate at last,
at least for a while,
and not one piece left for the big fat cat.
Tonight we feast again,
run sea gulls,
run you albatrosses with your insatiate needs.

Across the horizon of fire,
the lighthouse was sighted,
the nets hauled in,
we caught only one fish,
the fish with a deep sea smile.

The captain turns the final lane,
black bird flies over,
black bird's white guano drops,
rain pours,
but not one drop on captain's black beard.
We have not a moment to spare,
gods must feast,
we have not a moment to spare,
the beloved to soon be beheld,
I close my bloodshot eyes and smile,
I close my bloodshot eyes and sigh.

One drop down my black beard,
one salty tear drops into the sea,
the sea's fat belly,
satiate, at least for a while,
let's us through.
Upon horizon of fire,
the airport now sighted,
the nets cast,
we caught only one fish;
the beloved with a deep sea smile.

D e wasake
29 may 2010
"Atis"
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Cable & Wireless

No comments: