Wednesday 19 May 2010

Manjeri: A Century of Love Published

D E Wasake
19 May 2010

"Manjeri, Who or what is Manjeri you ask? If I told you, I would be spoiling the beauty of the story for you, I can however tell you this:
In the year that I wanted to love Manjeri, I died.
In the year that I wanted to tell her the truth, she had a bullet proof soul."


It's been a while since i wrote a poem(or perhaps a sonnet) but it's because I have been busy, busy publishing my book and I am pleased to announce that I have finalised it.

You are most welcome to preview and/or buy my 3rd book(£9.99):

Manjeri: A Century of Love(Poems to sit upon, to die to).

The link for that is here:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/manjeri-a-century-of-love/11027168

Alternatively you can click on the "Dickson Wasake Store front" icon to the right of this page and go right to Lulu. com

If you like my works, then you can click on the Facebook "Like" Icon. This will let your friends know about this website. Go on be a sport, spread the word.

My last book, "Poetic Footprints" was reviewed by Uganda's leading newspaper, The New Vision.You can read the review here:
http://www.newvision.co.ug/D/9/44/652627

Several of the poems in "Poetic Footprints" have been included within this collection.

Here are a few other comments on Manjeri: A Century of Love.

This is truly beautiful. Yours is poetry I would read again and again, and believe me, this applies to a few sacred poets.” On Archaeology(Blackberry Man)

Breathtakingly simple and best of all painfully forlorn- everything a poem should be.”

On Returning Home (Lamentations)

Okay, only poetry can take a person's breath away, like looking at the photograph of an old lover, or a picture of a thousand words. That's what your does to me.”

On A Haiku journey around the world(selected poems).

Beautiful! Who is Manjeri?” On A letter to Manjeri of the mountain

The silent revolutionary is back and this time he is taking no prisoners!” On Dinner people



Some of the poems in this

2 comments:

mr lyrical said...

That is a very sweet sonnet. I am a writer, or an inspiring writer my self since i have published any book; I am discouraged that my grammar is bad. Do you have any advice for me- http://mrlyrical.blogspot.com

Esquire of the mountain said...

Mr Lyrical, first of all, thank you for your interest. As a writer, especially of poetry, i believe you have to keep the flame of correct grammar burning, i think we are the custodians/guardians of correct grammar so in this you have no option but to get it right. I beleive the more you read other people's works(as in real books) pershaps the better for you but in addition to that, if you go ahead to publish, you can always get an editor who will work with you to correct the grammar...otherwise best of luck.